What is a web application?
A web application (or web app) is application software that runs on a web browser, unlike software programs that run locally and natively on the operating system (OS) of the device. Web applications are delivered on the World Wide Web to users with an active network connection. (Wikipedia)
Web applications not only need to provide your users with the service you are providing, but they also need to have a good admin interface, that only you can access where you can see and manage your data.
Examples of business applications
- Development of online stores with features like product management, shopping carts, secure payment processing, and customer account systems.
Appointment Booking Systems:
- Online scheduling tools for businesses like clinics, salons, or consultancy services, allowing customers to book, reschedule, or cancel appointments.
Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics Platforms:
- Custom solutions to collect, process, and visualise data to support decision-making processes.
Help Desk and Customer Support Software:
- Solutions for managing customer support tickets, FAQs, and communication channels like email and chat.
Learning Management System:
- To facilitate interactive and engaging education through a suite of video tutorials, course management features.
Compliance and Risk Management Software:
- Applications to help businesses comply with industry regulations and manage risk.
What else do you need to know?
Developing any web application needs careful thought and planning. Web applications are more than just websites, because we are coding your business logic. It is therefore critical that before we begin designing or coding we understand the logic that will become the blueprint for the code I will write.
We will do this together using flowcharting methods and decision trees, resulting in a comprehensive requirements document.
I will use the most modern technology stack to ensure your application is performant and sustainable.
Test your ideas before spending thousands of pounds on a mega application.
I can work with you and your team to get a professional web application to market quickly so that you can quickly gather customer insights that help you fine tune your business plan. Spending your whole budget at business launch, usually ends in tears. Start small and scale, prove to yourself and your investors that you have a service or product that will generate great returns.