The project we embark upon has to be planned and executed using robust design and analysis methods. These methods ensure that “the voice of the market” and your goals are used as key criteria for the work.
- We define your goals and objectives which can range from wanting a simple brochure website and contact form in order to reduce enquiry costs and increase sales leads, to a full blown e-commerce capability with the aim of substantially increasing sales and reducing logistic costs.
- I research your marketplace and what your competitors are doing. What are the trends? What do customers look for and need?
Finally, before I start coding and designing the web site we have to define the IMPACT that we want the web site to have. Based on the research and analysis we define,
- What visual impact must we achieve?
- What functional impact is required?
- What retention impact is needed to ensure visitors stay and come back?
- What referral impact is needed to ensure visitors refer you to their friends and family?
A wire frame or concept is then developed for us to discuss and develop further as the detailed content and functionality emerges. Once the design is complete, I wil the test it across multiple devices and browsers.
Finally, I train you in how to do minor changes and updates to your web site so you can add in news and updates. I will also advise you on how to keep the site relevant and fresh.
Typical pages you might expect
- About us
- Product Catalogue
- Service Catalogue
- Frequently asked questions
- Our people
- News / updates / blog
- Contact us
Download this free document of mine to help you in planning your website;
Functionality you might need
- E-commerce order, payment and despatch
- Product database
- Image slider / carousel
- Call to action buttons
- Contact forms
- Subscription and/ or membership
- Payment of ad hoc invoices
- Account management
- Project planning tools
- Social Media feeds e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+
- On-line booking capability
- Advanced search
- Affiliate / agents content and account management